O/T RIP Gary Speed

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: O/T RIP Gary Speed

Post by Mad Dog »

DiamondEejit wrote:I was shocked when I heard after seeing him on football focus yesterday. A top professional with a long and successful premier league career.

R.I.P Gary Speed
Agreed. My thoughts are with his family at this time.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Dreadful news, reading what people are saying about he sounds so much like Dale as a person, my thoughts are with his family RIP
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_ezm4bN1Lw

Found it hard to watch this near the end, i've never really liked Savage, but feel gutted for him at the end here though, these, along with situations such as Dale last year really does bang the point home that football really isn't important in comparison to these kinds of things.
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

mattreddan wrote: Found it hard to watch this near the end,
Absolutely heart wrenching...
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Gary's name was chanted for 11 minutes from the 11th minute by Leeds fans at the city ground tonight, Forest fans joined in at first as well.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
DiamondCarvell

Post by DiamondCarvell »

something which is slightly angering me is that the PFA are only taking action after someone 'famous' has died.. when dale died the idea of player depression was brushed under the carpet
We Love You, The Way You Play We Follow, Cos' We Support The Rushden and Diamonds Are Forever.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 110 times

Post by Olly »

DiamondCarvell wrote:something which is slightly angering me is that the PFA are only taking action after someone 'famous' has died.. when dale died the idea of player depression was brushed under the carpet
Perhaps, but at least they're taking action and they haven't forgotten about Dale either as the bbc article shows

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15961780.stm
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

There will be a minute's silence preceding tomorrow's game against Northampton in memory of Gary Speed.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Olly wrote:
DiamondCarvell wrote:something which is slightly angering me is that the PFA are only taking action after someone 'famous' has died.. when dale died the idea of player depression was brushed under the carpet
Perhaps, but at least they're taking action and they haven't forgotten about Dale either as the bbc article shows

And as that article says, they actually launched the campaign at the beginning of this season, after Dale's and Robert Enke's deaths in the past 2 years.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
DiamondCarvell

Post by DiamondCarvell »

davealbon wrote:
Olly wrote:

And as that article says, they actually launched the campaign at the beginning of this season, after Dale's and Robert Enke's deaths in the past 2 years.
i apologise, i had clearly missed that part
We Love You, The Way You Play We Follow, Cos' We Support The Rushden and Diamonds Are Forever.