Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
therushden
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by therushden »

if they go into admin, am i right in thinking they get relegated anyway? i remember a certain someone saying something at one of the meetings, so it's probably not true ;)
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Dirty Boy

Post by Dirty Boy »

Think the interesting thing would be actions follow points deduction.

If a club is relegated following administration and points deduction, would the conference accept that club into the north/south league.

I think they will be kicked out before the end of the season due to failing to field a team / unable to complete fixtures, and a new club will be formed playing out of Rocking Horse Road.i
Still Say that Van Der Veldan had the most amazing ball control of any player at our club.

Membership number 319
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

Am I alone in thinking someone will step in for them at the last minute? Maybe as a partnership with their Trust, or some kind of consortium? I think for it to survive it'll have to be away from Nene Park, but how watertight are the lease commitments? An interesting couple of weeks ahead !!

I think their first hurdle has to be getting a team up for Tuesday night's game vs Darlington.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I'm sure they'll trade on their history to try to find a buyer (even if the current club only dates back to the 1980's), but if the situation is as dire as it was for the Diamonds, with around 2.5M of debt / loans to be repaid then it would need an investor with deep pockets. It would need to be someone who really believes he / she can help them win their first national trophy / promotion despite them having failed to do that with any of the guises of their history - perhaps someone like Max Griggs who helped us to those two national title this millenium.

Given the Diamonds debts / loans owed were accrued in about the same time IL has been at the Poppies I wouldn't be surprised if their target was a similar sum.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Surely our debts were accrued in just 6 short months Tony, we were debt free this time last year remember? ;)
Dirty Boy

Post by Dirty Boy »

I mentioned it before, why would someone buy a business with no assets such as a ground or valuable players on long term contracts. The first question should always be around return on investment.
Still Say that Van Der Veldan had the most amazing ball control of any player at our club.

Membership number 319
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

Dirty Boy wrote:I mentioned it before, why would someone buy a business with no assets such as a ground or valuable players on long term contracts.
I can't see why anyone would either, because it's not only the club having little to no assets, but they would need to invest in order to get players in for the rest of the season to avoid being relegated... (One would think...)
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Taken from poppynet -

Imraan told me that the Shaolin restaurant received just 4 takeaway orders during its lifespan, hence the need to close. But I fear 100 £7 takeaway meals was never going to make in-roads into teh clubs debt...

Well done to all in the surrounding area for not giving into another one of IL poor money making efforts! :lol:
ChorltonV

Post by ChorltonV »

PigmanRDFC wrote:Am I alone in thinking someone will step in for them at the last minute? Maybe as a partnership with their Trust, or some kind of consortium?
I can't see it Pigman, like Dirtyboy say's, who would buy it? No assets, no local support, unable to retain existing support, debt, massive overheads and a non-existent team. Their trust have proved to be totally useless, unable to muster any kind of consensus from it's own membership regarding the most important issue in it's history (the move to Nene Park). The fan base is divided, in denial and unable to reach the only sensible conclusion and follow the afc r&d route and form a phoenix team. They're fucked, they know it and yet they are unable to get off thier arses and do anything about it. They deserve Ladak and he deserves them.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

I know all of that and I agree with you, but common sense and football don't go hand in glove - I just have a funny feeling that there are some twists and turns in this yet, I guess we'll see.