Dale Roberts Gloves available via our online shop

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Dale Roberts Gloves available via our online shop

Post by AndyKirkup »

If you fancy owning a pair of limited edition Pro-GK Dale Roberts gloves yourself then go to http://www.afcdiamondsshop.com/ where you can now buy online.

News story here: http://www.afcdiamonds.com/limited-edit ... es-on-sale
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Re: Dale Roberts Gloves available via our online shop

Post by davealbon »

I hadn't seen them up close, so only just noticed the word "SQUEEZE" on the left glove. Love it! :D
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
DiamondEejit

Post by DiamondEejit »

davealbon wrote:I hadn't seen them up close, so only just noticed the word "SQUEEZE" on the left glove. Love it! :D
I'm sure I'm missing something hear/excuse my ignorance... But why squeeze?
"Reputations mean nothing here, come any where near me on that pitch and I'll kick you over the far stand."

♦Dale Roberts♦ - Forever and always Rushden's number 1
Rankine's Nose

Post by Rankine's Nose »

DiamondEejit wrote:
davealbon wrote:I hadn't seen them up close, so only just noticed the word "SQUEEZE" on the left glove. Love it! :D
I think it's what Dale used to shout to his defenders - could be wrong though.
AFC R&D - Member 382
Hayden

Post by Hayden »

Rankine's Nose wrote:
DiamondEejit wrote:
I think it's what Dale used to shout to his defenders - could be wrong though.
Yes, this would be the most common thing the De Banke stand would hear Dale say, nice tribute.
davealbon

Post by davealbon »

As Michael Stone said in his interview just after Dale's death, the coaching team had spent a lot of time with Dale working on his assertiveness and command of the defence during games, as he was too nice to scream and shout at his teammates! "Squeeze" was the one thing he seemed happy to bellow out in his deep, booming voice! :)
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

"Squeeze" is Dale's catchphrase :) It first came famous over at Daventry 2/3 years ago when I cottoned to it, and screamed it literally a second before he was about to say it, stopping him in mid flow, he turned around with that massive smile of his on his face. Since then it stuck :D and all the lads would shout it. I remember once I spotted him in tesco (whilst working) and shouted squeeze at him :oops: he loved it though.

One thing I wanted to mention about Dale is, who remembers just after Forest recalled him from his initial loan spell with us, he came back to our next home game, as he told the club he wanted to come back and thank the fans for their support and came out on the pitch so applaud the fans. I for one thought that was his last game for us and he'd go back and eventually become Forest's number one (Something I think he still could of acheived btw). I cant remember any others ever doing that. Top top lad. I miss him :(
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
davealbon

Post by davealbon »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:One thing I wanted to mention about Dale is, who remembers just after Forest recalled him from his initial loan spell with us, he came back to our next home game, as he told the club he wanted to come back and thank the fans for their support and came out on the pitch so applaud the fans. I for one thought that was his last game for us and he'd go back and eventually become Forest's number one (Something I think he still could of acheived btw). I cant remember any others ever doing that. Top top lad. I miss him :(
I'd forgotten all about that! That one gesture just about sums him up. :D He'd only been at the club for a short time as well.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

It was right at the end of the 07/08 season I think. I remember us giving him and the rest of the lads great support in the SS final at Aldershot, (I remember a quote from a shots fan, "Thats the ONLY time we've ever been outsung") you could tell Dale really appreciated it, and he came back Im sure it was a thursday night game against Torquay, when we had a massive fixture build up, to just say thank you. Its things like that, I will remember him for and never forget.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Not sure if it was the Torquay game (which was quite a good game actually) but I do remember it, it was a great gesture. The one thing that kept playing through my mind after the SSF was the one penalty that Dale got fingertips on but just couldn't quite keep out, what an atmosphere though! :)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46