Your Thoughts???????

Sports, jokes, news and general waffle.
woody

Your Thoughts???????

Post by woody »

Murder arrest over Ray Gosling's BBC confession

TV presenter Ray Gosling has been arrested on suspicion of murder by Nottinghamshire Police after he admitted killing his lover.

The 70-year-old's confession that he had smothered the unnamed man who was dying of Aids was broadcast on the BBC's Inside Out programme on Monday.

FULL STORY + FILM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nott ... 519681.stm
'If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?
Billy Connolly
mattreddan

Re: Your Thoughts???????

Post by mattreddan »

Hes admitted to committing a murder.

Compassionate or not, its a murder.

Will presumably be locked up for the remainder of his life.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Agreed to be honest, we can't just not apply the laws just because it seems like it was the best thing for all concerned, unfortunately.

One thing i do wonder about, is if they will be able to do anything, as he has so far refused to name the man or the hospital, and if the deceaseds family are not willing to press charges, which i believe they are not, then it may well end up being a relatively costly and drawn out process to find the 'victim'.
woody

Post by woody »

Great replies. This Guy was a 'Northern' Reporter on both ITV & BBC, he always did 'in depth' shows, even though he was somewhat a timid sounding guy. In his early years he was a cross between the actors Tom Courtney and Lawrence Harvey, and his Notts twang shone through.

I really do believe this is a act of 'putting the record straight' - HOWEVER, Murder is Murder. It may be the recent laws are to be challenged both by him, and indeed the BBC, that must have sanctioned such revelations to be aired.

Keep the debate going folks............one day (PLEASE GOD I AM WRONG) that you may have a friend like him, that does the deed and lives with the 'guilt' for years
'If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?
Billy Connolly
rushandd

Post by rushandd »

Can only speak for myself, but if ever i get in the position health wise that i cant eat,sleep,wash myself, talk and just lay there day after day, i will want someone to inject me, sit with me until i drift away peacefully and without pain. The only thing that i will be sorry for is that they will then have to live with the stigma that the media attach to what i wouldve asked them to do for me and they will suffer for it....probably why i will never ask one of my loved ones or friends to do it for me.
I can see both sides of this problem, but this is my side....if i was able to i wouldve done it for someone close who suffered with cancer right to the end and i had to watch it happen with a lot of sadness...watch them lose the use of their own body, the frustration when they could no longer communicate with me, or even able to take their own medicine (which will someone answer why, hospitals come round with the "medication trolley" leave the patients tablets they have to take for other ailments theyve prob had for years, ie diabetes on a small but high cupboard by the side of the beds, that they cant reach and some are so ill they dont remember to take?) That just brings on more medical problems and aids in making their end more painful and prob makes it happen sooner.....so they can just empty the bed, inform the relatives, and start again !!! :o
woody

Post by woody »

rushandd wrote:Can only speak for myself, but if ever i get in the position health wise that i cant eat,sleep,wash myself, talk and just lay there day after day, i will want someone to inject me, sit with me until i drift away peacefully and without pain. The only thing that i will be sorry for is that they will then have to live with the stigma that the media attach to what i wouldve asked them to do for me and they will suffer for it....probably why i will never ask one of my loved ones or friends to do it for me.
I can see both sides of this problem, but this is my side....if i was able to i wouldve done it for someone close who suffered with cancer right to the end and i had to watch it happen with a lot of sadness...watch them lose the use of their own body, the frustration when they could no longer communicate with me, or even able to take their own medicine (which will someone answer why, hospitals come round with the "medication trolley" leave the patients tablets they have to take for other ailments theyve prob had for years, ie diabetes on a small but high cupboard by the side of the beds, that they cant reach and some are so ill they dont remember to take?) That just brings on more medical problems and aids in making their end more painful and prob makes it happen sooner.....so they can just empty the bed, inform the relatives, and start again !!! :o
Wonderful reply that! Such insight! :)
Billy Connolly