[ Tue 23rd Apr ] v Eynesbury Rovers, KO 7:45pm UCL1 HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Tue 23rd Apr ] v Eynesbury Rovers, KO 7:45pm UCL1 HOME

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

All this beer or tea chucking, running on the pitch, abusing refs has to stop. This is one step up from park football refs will be rubbish, accept it.

I know it's only a minority of idiots but the fact remains that those of us that do volunteer spend as much time watching the crowd as we do the match. That's not what we signed up for.

That's just on match days, never mind the hours we put in getting the D&D ready, organising catering and bar cover, making sure sponsors are looked after, booking training venues, attending league, FA and club meetings, going through paperwork to make sure we are legit I could go on for longer that anyone could bear to read.

I'm not being a scaremonger but Board Elections will be upon us soon and if this carries on we might just decide that it's not worth it all and we would rather come and just watch. Do we have another Ralph, Jon, Stacey, Bob or Chas in our midsts? (other board members are available) I have the least involvement with the first team of any board member and it's starting to pee me off, so god alone knows how the others are feeling. I'm also starting to wonder if it's worth risking the good reputation we built up at South Rushden over the years to be associated with such idiots.

I'll probably get moaned at for posting this but let's be quite clear if the board and other volunteers decide that it's not worth the hassle then you will back to where you were two years ago with no club to support and this time no hope of getting another one.

If you see someone who is behaving unacceptably then tell them, and if you see someone telling someone else that there behaviour is unacceptable offer your support, don't just accept it.

That's it rant over.
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

*OVERREACTION ALERT OVERREACTION ALERT*
AFC R&D Member Number 444
SouthRushdenJFC

I'll sign your nomination paper just need someone to second it
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

UttoDiamond wrote:*OVERREACTION ALERT OVERREACTION ALERT*
Why write something like that, people should be agreeing with southrushden's post. This club is all about gaining new members, but if they hear that this behaviour carries on will they want to join?? After all this is meant to be a community club...
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

I think we should consider ourselves happy with 1 point that came out of a game where we were second best for 80 minutes. Decisions go for and against any team and you just have to accept them. In general playing terms, we were not particularly good in any area. Midfield was almost by-passable and did not work to get the ball moving (pitch/surface is not an excuse) and Eynesbury had a couple of chances to make it 2 - 0. We have to look at the players, who are capable of good keep-it-on-the-ground football, but, didn't turn up. The goals were proof, play, move, pass, success. That is 2 - 2 draws at home to Sileby, Oadby and Eynesbury. Still unbeaten at home, hence we should be happy with 1 point.
Drunken Debanker
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Drunken Debanker »

UttoDiamond wrote:*OVERREACTION ALERT OVERREACTION ALERT*
My thought exactly can I remind you that these lads who went on to the pitch have NEVER attended an AFC R&D game before its nothing to do with the regular supporters who go week in/week out. I understand its a pain in the backside and makes you're job harder but to say you would consider pulling out is insane, you've done a brilliant job so far don't let a few drunken glory supporters get to you like that.

As for the bloke who threw tea/coffee at their player, after having Bobs Bitch stand near him after it i'm sure he'll be too scared to even buy a cup of tea/coffee now nevermind think about throwing one!!!

We are 7 points away from a magnificent achievement in our first season as a senior club and in the hardest league this division has seen ever. One home game to go then we can all go and have one big party at northampton spencer!!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
We'll Drink Some Beer
And We'll Drink Some More
Cuz We Are The Rushden Boys On Tour.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Last night was unfortunate but once 4 drunken individuals decide they're going to invade the pitch after a goal what is the average fan supposed to do? It's all very well saying 'it's got to stop' but you're preaching to the wrong people.

You could have 100 stewards but as long as you've got 700+ fans 1 metre from the pitch something is always going to happen, that's the reality of it i'm afraid. I think it's great credit to the Diamonds fans that turn up week in week out that we haven't had more of these sort of incidents.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

corby diamond wrote:Why write something like that, people should be agreeing with southrushden's post. This club is all about gaining new members, but if they hear that this behaviour carries on will they want to join?? After all this is meant to be a community club...
Completely agree.
Drunken Debanker wrote:As for the bloke who threw tea/coffee at their player, after having Bobs Bitch stand near him after it i'm sure he'll be too scared to even buy a cup of tea/coffee now nevermind think about throwing one!!!
Daaaaaaaamn straight! 8-)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
SouthRushdenJFC

Drunken Debanker & Barton Raz - fair posts but you are missing the point. We are fed up of having to deal with it, shouldn't have to deal with it and aren't trained and certainly not paid enough to deal with it.

Like everyone else we are football fans and want to watch football, a few idiots are making that harder and harder.
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

Yes we should support SouthRushdens post but to expect everybody to behave and be upright citizens is frankly impossible.

You ban the current drunken adolescents and with a few months a new lot of adolescents appear, it called life and as yet in the history of humankind a trouble free society has yet to exist, booze, drugs and just being young makes for potential pitfalls.

As an official old fart approaching my golden years i stiil blush at times when my memory reminds me of embarassing episodes of my youth worse for wear and the tut tuts from the adults still clearly audible.

Those memories stop me from condemming clearly drunken youths and silly antics unless they cross the line into physical violence and there is know way you will stop the youth from doing stupid things as its a part of life when consequences of actions are far from the minds in a misty haze of booze fumes.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32