Andy Peaks

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Andy Peaks

Post by Trek »

Three of Diamonds wrote: At the fans forum Peaksy came across really well and knows that promotion out of the UCL is the priority next season.
Very impressed with his comments, Robin. He's also a very unbeat type of person, certainly more so that Starms who appeared, at times, to have the troubles of the world on his shoulders I think that rubbed off on some of his players.
Andy always has time to speak to our fans which is a big plus.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I do think it was the easy decision, but the easy decision isn't necessarily the wrong one. As I recall Justin Edinburgh was the easy decision and wasn't a hugely popular choice given he'd been Garry Hill's assistant.

All the best to Andy, promotion next season is extremely important and i'm not convinced this current squad is capable of that so it'll be interesting to see what happens in the summer.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

Trek wrote:
coolcuts wrote:We'll looks like we didn't have the balls to get someone new in.
That's a bit unfair on our hardworking board and the people involved in the interview and selection process and you are in minority judging by the comments on this forum. No guarantee that a new man would get us promotion next term, if so, Manchester United would have won the Premiership in a canter this season.
Peaksie is Diamonds through and through, knows the set up and the manner in which the Board want us to progress and has brought into the ethos of the club, has got good UCL contacts and will know exactly what is needed to make us a serious title contender.
If it was the easy decision we would have just appointed Peaksey 4 games ago if we wanted an easy life rather than go through the process of the interview process. We could have just had a chat and said lets not interview on Sundays, midweek nights and Saturdays.
Peaksey has the job on merit against all the other applicants as we believe he was the best placed to deliver our aims for next season. I hope everyone gets behind him as he deserves it
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

bozzer wrote:
Trek wrote:
That's a bit unfair on our hardworking board and the people involved in the interview and selection process and you are in minority judging by the comments on this forum. No guarantee that a new man would get us promotion next term, if so, Manchester United would have won the Premiership in a canter this season.
Peaksie is Diamonds through and through, knows the set up and the manner in which the Board want us to progress and has brought into the ethos of the club, has got good UCL contacts and will know exactly what is needed to make us a serious title contender.
If it was the easy decision we would have just appointed Peaksey 4 games ago if we wanted an easy life rather than go through the process of the interview process. We could have just had a chat and said lets not interview on Sundays, midweek nights and Saturdays.
Peaksey has the job on merit against all the other applicants as we believe he was the best placed to deliver our aims for next season. I hope everyone gets behind him as he deserves it
I have a good idea who the other applicants were thanks to a couple of reliable sources and although on the face of it they seemed very appealing they would probably very risky and I'm pretty sure we would have seen a load of new faces in the squad which I don't believe would be a good thing. I trust Peaksy to bring in a some astute signings in the summer and clear that he sees promotion as a MUST next season like I'm sure many of us do :)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

I was hopping for someone higher up to be honest and out of 25 applicants I am sure there would of been. A manager which could get players from league above and change half of the squad freshen it up a bit. We need that but extra to get promoted and with peaksy I think we will just be top 4 again , I just think we have took the easy option. Don't shoot me down and I hope I am proven very wrong but I wanted a new manager and staff . Should we of gone with experience from higher up or ucl?
Interesting post.

What benefits would changing half the team make? What if they didn't gell until November? Why is it the easy option?

Why do you want a new manager and staff? Who did you want and what qualities would they have bought?
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

Knowing Ralph and the other Board members as I do I'm confident that they have made the right choice, not the easy one! I know that the process applied would have been objective and that all the short listed candidates would have been given the opportunity to impress and show what they would bring to the role.

Sure it's easy to say because Peaksy was here and doing the job he's an easy appointment, but the truth is he'll have interviewed well and would have ticked all the right boxes.

Change for changes sake isn't always the best and the most successful teams tend to have stability at their core, that said, Peaksy would have got the job on merit.

Time will tell I'm sure, but I don't care who may or may not have applied, the Board have backed Peaksy and that's good enough for me as they would have seen who applied and how they performed at interview.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
James Beil

Post by James Beil »

Andy's had some good performances since he took over full-time, I'm confident he can deliver success, and I'm looking forward to next season - here's hoping we can get our names on our first bit of silverware!
coolcuts

Post by coolcuts »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote:
I was hopping for someone higher up to be honest and out of 25 applicants I am sure there would of been. A manager which could get players from league above and change half of the squad freshen it up a bit. We need that but extra to get promoted and with peaksy I think we will just be top 4 again , I just think we have took the easy option. Don't shoot me down and I hope I am proven very wrong but I wanted a new manager and staff . Should we of gone with experience from higher up or ucl?
Interesting post.

What benefits would changing half the team make? What if they didn't gell until November? Why is it the easy option?

Why do you want a new manager and staff? Who did you want and what qualities would they have bought?

My view is we need to change half of the squad to win the league . As for gelling, well we have till what? Mid august? That's what we have from now to end of pre season for.

Easiest option because just keep things how it's is....need to explain anymore? Probably do that if halfway though season, but a few games of season left gives a new manager and staff have a long time (in football) to get sorted.

I don't know who applied but a rough number but there would of been someone from higher up in previous seasons which would also create a bit of publicity too, bit of excitement to look forward to next season. Would cost a bit more money of course but we can do that because we have a massive fanbase and the cash will come with results. We know that by now.

Oadby will be very strong next season ,we know that they will have quality players next season on dual registrations and in a good area. They went over 150 league goals last week.

I hope peaksy can get a 3 or 4 players from southern league div 1 for example otherwise I cannot see us competing.

Our budget would be high but we need to get out of this league .
coolcuts

Post by coolcuts »

By the way I don't mean to be c**t . Just not happy with the decision that's all and want the club to get out of this shit league .

We need to do it this season as I think the support will twiddle right down and then it will make it even harder to go up the following season. We need to show everyone that we are a big club and we are going places . Because we can and we will
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

coolcuts wrote:

I don't know who applied
So you don't know who applied but you regard whoever did must have been a better fit for the job than Peaksie? I fail to see how you can question the Board's decision in this matter.
I think we all want promotion and it's interesting to note that FC United have stuck with their one and only manager despite struggling in recent seasons to get promotion out of the Northern Premier.