Portsmouth Academy

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
wewantourdarbyback

Portsmouth Academy

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

Only slightly diamonds related, but a few of our youngsters have disappeared there over the last few years.

Apparently the administrator is to release a large number of their youngsters.Could flood the market with some decent (and rubbish) youngsters.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 50,00.html
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Jemfy

Re: Portsmouth Academy

Post by Jemfy »

It does affect us, quite negatively I suspect, as I guess Paris Cowan-Hall is one of those likely to be released, and I am sure we had a sell on clause on him that we would have hoped to cash in on at some point.

Still if he came from round this way someone could pass on a phone number to JE...
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by real diamond »

Paris played for the Pompey 1st team the other night in a friendly, this may suggest he will be staying and is in the managers plans
Jemfy

Post by Jemfy »

real diamond wrote:Paris played for the Pompey 1st team the other night in a friendly, this may suggest he will be staying and is in the managers plans
I was unaware of that. I would suggest it might have been an effective trial for the season. Hopefully he will be one of the players that gets a chance to shine as they rely on cheaper talents this season.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

real diamond wrote:Paris played for the Pompey 1st team the other night in a friendly, this may suggest he will be staying and is in the managers plans
He got me released from Diamonds when I was 11 when he trialled and I was right back. He was amazing back in the day, looked a sure bet to be a pro!
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

If he's still there and one of the ones released, Callum Reynolds might be a shout if we want another CB.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Mad Dog wrote:If he's still there and one of the ones released, Callum Reynolds might be a shout if we want another CB.
Didnt he come on loan to Luton last year and converted to a striker?!
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
Mad Dog wrote:If he's still there and one of the ones released, Callum Reynolds might be a shout if we want another CB.
Didnt he come on loan to Luton last year and converted to a striker?!
He was certainly on loan at Luton for a while last season, but I don't think they converted him to a striker! :?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297