Sports, jokes, news and general waffle.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Finally...

Post by BartonRaz »

The Rock... has come back... to WWE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BII1rjoHdeU

I've been dying to get this off my chest :oops: .

For years now it has been considered an embarrasment to claim to be a fan of Wrestling. I used to watch it in the late 90's early 00's, but barely watched an episode between 04-08 because it became too PG.

I started tuning in again full-on about a year ago, and have regained my love for it. There are loads of reasons why those who used to like it should start watching again.

Firstly, the Rock is back, don't really need to say anymore. He claims he is back for good, but that remains to be seen. Rumours that the returns of Stone Cold and HHH are imminent also. Secondly, the Nexus, who burst onto the scene about a year ago, have been tearing up the WWE Corporate Ministry style, which has made the result of every match unpredictable. NXT - a new WWE show which is almost like an X-Factor of Wrestling, and was the starting point for the Nexus, ensures that the roster is expanding every pretty much every month.

Although superstars are technically contracted to either Smackdown or Raw, superstars seem to be interchanging far more which makes both shows far more watchable than they have been for years.

Former superstars are jumping on the bangwagon. Booker T and Kevin Nash returned at the Royal Rumble, and with TNA going down the toilet rapidly, i'd expect to see Kurt Angle, Sting, and many more come to the WWE in the next year or two.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Re: Finally...

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

HHH left? :shock: he was my favorite!

I have not watched WWE in years, Raw was always the best and I clocked up a lot of hours on the PS2 games. Good to see The Rock back, a true legend, it seems odd that these guys are all returning though...

Used to love WWE thatnks for bringinf the topic up :D

I was that guy who stayed up until about 4am watching Wrestlemania :)
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

LOL when I saw the name of this thread I though.... Hmm surely not... really? REALLY?

Don't know why people find it embarressing to be a fan of 'wrestling' tbh, its just entertainment. Like a soap opera with people pretending to beat the shit out of eachother.

Austin is returning to host Tough Enough

HHH will be returning (apparently) as a part of the 2 / 21 / 11 storyline with the Undertakers return (rumoured to be a HHH vs Undertaker in a streak Vs Career match with HBK as the special guest referee)

If you notice with the 2 / 21 / 11 video too theres 2 men.. 1 outside the house thing and the other inside... and the close up of the guy inside the house when you see his chest and the lower part of his face is HBK... not the Undertaker.

The interchanging of brands between Smackdown and Raw is because Wrestlemania is coming up and they want to build the storylines up strong instead of weak ( not everyone watches both shows so they need everyone to want to buy Wrestlemania etc etc marketing shit )

Theres a funny story with the TNA/Nash/Booker story... If you watch TNA there was a recent storyline with "they".. which turned out to be fortune turning on Immortal... where originally it was meant to be the Main Event Mafia (Angle,Nash,Booker,Steiner, Sting).. however Booker and Nash jumped ship to WWE... Sting apparently to follow leaving them with no people for their storyline. Typically stupidness of TNA to book something when you don't even have the wrestlers signed to a contract.

The main reason for turning PG was so Linda wouldn't look bad in the elections with any controversial storylines, blood, chairshots to the head etc.... but she lost so it seems they're turning the PG shit down a bit

Had a feeling the Rock would be returning for a while from reading the rumour sites, but was a great entrance tbh, crowd never goes that mad for anyone else but him. Brilliant way to bump up PPV buys too ;)

Yeah I know its not real... I know its "fake" and I know i'm a nerd :D but its a lot more entertaining than some of the football matches I've seen in recent years
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

mattreddan wrote:
Yeah I know its not real... I know its "fake" and I know i'm a nerd :D but its a lot more entertaining than some of the football matches I've seen in recent years
Nothing beats a TLC or money in the bank ladder match eh? ;)
diamond.jack99

Post by diamond.jack99 »

havent watched it properly since 05 but i watched wrestlemania 25 , but the rock is quality though
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

I want to know what The Rock is cookin'

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I have heard that WWE are going to have Sting V Undertaker at Wrestlemania, or if Sting doesn't agree a contract in time, then HHH (as you say).

Some people have rumoured that the '22111' character could be Skip Sheffield. Apparently WWE really rate him, and he has been out with a bad injury since last summer. I think it'l be Sting personally. Seems a lot of a fuss over the Undertaker returning for what must be the 100th time.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sheriff1993

Post by sheriff1993 »

It was the Undertaker returning... and then 1 minute later Triple H - They both looked at the Wrestlemania sign, agreeing a match silently.

I think that The Miz vs John Cena match is asking for The Rock as special guest referee after he ripped them both down.
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

mattreddan wrote: HHH will be returning (apparently) as a part of the 2 / 21 / 11 storyline with the Undertakers return (rumoured to be a HHH vs Undertaker in a streak Vs Career match with HBK as the special guest referee)
Mahahahahahaa guess I was right
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."