a couple of points fron last nights meeting!!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

a couple of points fron last nights meeting!!

Post by discodunk »

while at the meeting last night , a comment made by kc is still bugging me..........he said" i have asked and succeded in bringing back helens services(great news for us if it was going to be rdfc next year)....for next year" WHAT FOR?? as there is no rdfc .......did that mean its a done deal that ktfc would be renting np ..... all this beforethe meeting really got under way
my other point was when kc was questioned about whether laddak could afford to run his club from np he said he may be able to ,he may not ,we will see...........surely he must know .......wouldnt want another beasent saga would he ;) ;)
Last edited by discodunk on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: a couple of points fron last nights meeting!!

Post by Formic »

Are you saying that Helen Thompson, a member of the Rushden & Diamonds Supporters Trust Board, as well as being a Board Member with Corby Town, is helping Keith Cousins all of this ?

I'll hold back on further comment until this is confirmed.
bedforddiamond

Post by bedforddiamond »

Formic that is exactly what he is saying. HT was on the top table with KC last night and he quite openly stated that she had come back to help him with the regeneration of NP (without pay).

The Hayden Rd tea lady, for whatever reason, is supporting KC through all of this. Conference board member, Northants FA council member, finance manager of Football CV, Chief Exec of Corby Town FC, KC's sidekick, blimey! :shock:
Formic

Post by Formic »

Incredible. I nearly posted a vitriolic message through a red mist, but I've decided to reflect on how naive I've been, and how misplaced my trust was - and how my support of certain individuals has proven so misguided.
Harry

Post by Harry »

I just don't get it.
So all these years, she hasn't actually given a shit about Rushden & Diamonds?
Another one only bothered with the crowning turd that is Nene Park?
Diamond down South.
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

Over the years i have learnt that there are 2 sides to story, i think Helen must tell her side as frankly on the face of it she has jumped from club to club collecting jobs in what looks like a personal empire and it does not look good for Mrs R+D through and through persona she was putting out when the Trust took over the Club.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Formic

Post by Formic »

Given HT is also chair of the Football Conference Youth Alliance, I wonder if this means our Youth Setup and / or place in that Youth League might be transferring to K*ttering too in some sort of final insult.
Deano

Post by Deano »

First post onto the board so bare with me.

Head of Youth, MS, has just resigned after months of being unpaid - so there is now no RDFC Youth Set-up. They wouldn't pay him - leaves gate open for the other lot's Youth set-up to also move to NP. Wasn't there talk of going with the Youth Team as part of the Phoenix strategy? Why didn't the Trust retain MS if they were serious about this?

I am now wondering if Helen Thompson's view that we cannot start a Phoenix club for next season is a bit biased -think about it would Cousins et al. really want an RDFC football team playing up the road in a decent league? Far better to give it a year so that supporters on both sides warm to the new situation and the idea of a Phoenix club dies.

If we were to leave it a year, what division would we play in and how much more difficult would it be to get anything off the ground. Is just a clever trick from you know who to protect revenues and make sure this never happens?
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

Has anyone spoken to Kevin Shoemake to see if this is the case that we can't apply to a league?
AFC R&D Member No. 67
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

bozzer wrote:Has anyone spoken to Kevin Shoemake to see if this is the case that we can't apply to a league?
I can confirm that SaveRDFC have spoken to KS and are in the process of talking to leagues.