K*ttering put up for sale...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
KilnPark_Resident

K*ttering put up for sale...

Post by KilnPark_Resident »

....according to the ET.

I wonder what the odds on the Beasants taking over are?
olio

Re: K*ttering put up for sale...

Post by olio »

KilnPark_Resident wrote:....according to the ET.

I wonder what the odds on the Beasants taking over are?
Players leaving, poor performances and attendances, creditors (apparently) building up... now they're trying to sell the club. Wouldn't surprise me if the Beasants did take over,tbh
'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002
therushden
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

they've got to be thinking the worse now, surely?
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

what a surprise!
AFC R&D Member No. 67
luckyfour

Post by luckyfour »

Sorry but no of this adds up for me.

For Sale - that implies that there is something worth paying money for. Other than the name of K*ttering Town what is there other than one big cash burning machine ? Surely he would lucky to give it away.

He keeps rattling on about this unpaid sponsorship money. He cannot think that anyone is stupid enough to believe that he was actually including in his budgets money that hadn't been paid last year and that was so heavily disputed that he has had to resort to litigation to try and get it??? Even if it was paid in full I'd be extremely surprised if it plugged the gap for more than a month or two.

I cannot believe that anyone in their right mind would have budgetted for crowds substantially bigger than those they had a Rockingham Road. Yes, he may have hope to achieve bigger crowds but you don't base your budget so badly on such an unknown quantity that you can't cover your costs in a matter of 2 or 3 months. You start with a budget that you know you can sustain and if things go well then you start to add players.

He also complains about the effect of being knocked out of the FA Cup - once again there is no way in a million years that any revenue from a cup from should be included in your budget at the beginning of the year (unless of course it is money that you have in the bank from a cup run in the previous season).

They are all excuses, smoke and mirrors, none of it makes any real sense - the strange happenings at NP continue.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Rumours of 10 players leaving. Marna to Grimsby, Kelly and Verma to Mansfield.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

The only saving grace is that there doesn't appear to be any creditors petitioning for a winding up order which was our final nail in the coffin. Perhaps IL intends to offer the club 'debt free'. ;)
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Trek wrote:The only saving grace is that there doesn't appear to be any creditors petitioning for a winding up order which was our final nail in the coffin. Perhaps IL intends to offer the club 'debt free'. ;)
I think the lid was nailed shut well before then. The creditors were left with no choice as so few payments were being made. The point of no return was passed when KC handed the club over to the Beasants, charging a huge rent on top of what was already a loss-making concern.

The fact that the Poppies not only have to find this rent, and fund a lot of the other costs that made R&DFC a loss making concern, and also have to pay for Rockingham Road and try to pay off the debts incurred during the Maison era suggests they will struggle to find a buyer with the right intentions.
ChorltonV

Post by ChorltonV »

There seem to be some deluded morons on Poppynet suggesting that it could be a good thing for their club!!! They are making a loss with no saleable assets as far as I can see. Who in their right mind would want to buy them?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Post by Biggles »

ChorltonV wrote:Who in their right mind would want to buy them?
The BEEZANTS
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32