[ Sat 12th Mar ] v Royston Town, KO 3pm SL1DC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 12th Mar ] v Royston Town, KO 3pm SL1DC AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 63 times

Re: [ Sat 12th Mar ] v Royston Town, KO 3pm SL1DC AWAY

Post by sussexdiamond »

Saturday is a massive day not just for us but for the other contenders.
Who would dare to predict these matches?

Royston v Diamonds
Kings Langley v Aylesbury
Northwood v Egham

Even CSP and St Ives have tough away games at Barton and Uxbridge respectively.

We will certainly have to show a significant improvement on recent performances. On a positive note we have in the past risen to the occasion in big away matches (eg Sileby and Spalding). Will there be any more new signings to add to Jepson and Lee?

For the record I will go for draws for Diamonds, CSP and St Ives and wins for Aylesbury and Egham.
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

We have to bounce back, and bag the 3 points at Royston. :biggrin:

I wonder when the Barton Rovers game will be rearranged.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

updiamonds wrote:We have to bounce back, and bag the 3 points at Royston. :biggrin:

As I mentioned on an earlier thread, Barton have a midweek fixture every week up until 19th April (but we play Ploppies on 20th). The only date that was free for both sides was next Tuesday March 15th, but that seems too late now . So I can only surmise that the league are going to have to do some re-jigging of Bartons mid week games and move one of their scheduled games to the 19th April.(Which at the moment has only one fixture scheduled Aylesbury v St Ives)
If that is the case it means we will play them on either 22nd March,5th or 12th April.
updiamonds

Post by updiamonds »

sussexdiamond wrote:
updiamonds wrote:We have to bounce back, and bag the 3 points at Royston. :biggrin:

As I mentioned on an earlier thread, Barton have a midweek fixture every week up until 19th April (but we play Ploppies on 20th). The only date that was free for both sides was next Tuesday March 15th, but that seems too late now . So I can only surmise that the league are going to have to do some re-jigging of Bartons mid week games and move one of their scheduled games to the 19th April.(Which at the moment has only one fixture scheduled Aylesbury v St Ives)
If that is the case it means we will play them on either 22nd March,5th or 12th April.

I can't see that. I must be blind or something. :laugh:

I'm going to make a prediction, 5th April.

We need 3 points, come on Diamonds. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

With the three new players on board its quite a challenge to speculate on what the starting line up might be tomorrow. I guess it will hinge on what lessons need to be learned from the Potters Bar game, and how the current squad reacted to that defeat. Perhaps it might be: Finlay, Gordon, Lee, Ashton, Dolman, Quigley, Jepson, Hall, Stevenson or Lorraine, Sandy, Hoban. Brad is a yellow card away from a two game ban, so resting him might make sense, and the choice of Tom Lorraine or Jon Stevenson might depend on the sort of link-up play Elliot Sandy prefers. Having Gordon and Lee at full back might be a gamble, but we need a way of coping with the threat of Hoenes.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Formic wrote:With the three new players on board its quite a challenge to speculate on what the starting line up might be tomorrow. I guess it will hinge on what lessons need to be learned from the Potters Bar game, and how the current squad reacted to that defeat. Perhaps it might be: Finlay, Gordon, Lee, Ashton, Dolman, Quigley, Jepson, Hall, Stevenson or Lorraine, Sandy, Hoban. Brad is a yellow card away from a two game ban, so resting him might make sense, and the choice of Tom Lorraine or Jon Stevenson might depend on the sort of link-up play Elliot Sandy prefers. Having Gordon and Lee at full back might be a gamble, but we need a way of coping with the threat of Hoenes.
That's the side I had in my head.

My guess is he'll go with Stevenson as Lorraine and Sandy are relatively similar. That being said we saw Lorraine and Dunks up front a few times so Peaksy's obviously happy to go with two bigger men if needs be.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

On recent showings I would prefer Lorraine over Stevo.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Very interesting looking at our starting lineup from our match against the Crows on the 5th December and I suspect there will be only 4 at most from that lineup that will be in our XI tomorrow.
FOOTYMAN
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

On our way, there should be a good crowd, I think a 50/50 split with home and away supporters (400) in total.
3 points is going to be tough, but, we have shown before, we can turn it on and win anywhere, especially when the pressure is on.

COYD