K*ttering put up for sale...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Re: K*ttering put up for sale...

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Trek wrote:It makes you wonder if anyone can make playing in the BSP work. You need full time players to be competitive yet most club's attendances don't support this so unless you have a rich benefactor who doesn't mind losing money or loads of sponsors it is always going to be a struggle to balance the books.
Makes you wonder how Hayes & Yeading seem to do it, poor attendances but still do ok and beat much stronger teams than themselves on paper!
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Makes you wonder how Hayes & Yeading seem to do it, poor attendances but still do ok and beat much stronger teams than themselves on paper!
Punching above their weight to actually be in this division and like Histon will return to their natural level in due course. Too many teams in the two divisions below don't have the resources and support to survive in the BSP. I predict Braintree will end up struggling. Trouble with BSP clubs is that they behave like Football League Clubs, full time players etc.,without the financial benefits of the Football League.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Pigman »

I don't want to see them go bust - who will we have to laugh at then? ;)

I don't think they'll go to the wall, I'll be very surprised if someone doesn't come in for them at the death, or if Ladick doesn't pull back from having his hissy fit once a few of the losers he's employed have departed.

I truly believe they'll have to go part-time unless the "faithful" turn up at NP in their droves, and I can't see that happening. If the 10 players talked about do move on, lump some money on them to get stuffed at the weekend if they field a team of mainly kids ;)
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Trek

Post by Trek »

luckyfour

Post by luckyfour »

Great article, well written and genuinely funny :lol: :lol: :lol:
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

I'd like to see them just about survive in a Lancaster City style which will see relegation after relegation after relegation :mrgreen:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Red Diamond

Post by Red Diamond »

wewantourdarbyback wrote:I'd like to see them just about survive in a Lancaster City style which will see relegation after relegation after relegation :mrgreen:
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

I don't think that they will go to the wall either but from purely a County point of view it would be catastrophic to lose two East Northants clubs in the space of six months.

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound too good for K*ttering although you never know - a sugar daddy maybe waiting in the wings to take over the club or perhaps the Trust will save them short term.

I have absolutely no time for KC or HT - but they too must be thinking that they will be losing the rumoured £12.5k monthly rent in the not too distant future - shame! I'm sure 2015 can't come quick enough for KC so he can bulldoze the site but in the meantime could it be that AFC Rushden and AFC K*ttering might arise from the ashes either separately or even together?
Trek

Post by Trek »

Pressman wrote:..... or perhaps the Trust will save them short term.

I don't think they have the desire or funds to assist their club in this respect. The Ploppies fans have never embraced their Supporters Trust, the club was offered to the Trust a year ago by IL which was declined and there was a big fall out after the Wicksteed meeting whereby the majority of their Trust committee resigned.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Trek wrote:
Pressman wrote:..... or perhaps the Trust will save them short term.

I don't think they have the desire or funds to assist their club in this respect. The Ploppies fans have never embraced their Supporters Trust, the club was offered to the Trust a year ago by IL which was declined and there was a big fall out after the Wicksteed meeting whereby the majority of their Trust committee resigned.
Didn't 55% of the members who voted on moving to Nene Park say that DIDN'T want to, only for the Trust board to turn around and say that the Trust WOULD be supporting the move?! :?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297