[ Sat 12th Mar ] v Royston Town, KO 3pm SL1DC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: [ Sat 12th Mar ] v Royston Town, KO 3pm SL1DC AWAY

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Roystonjez wrote:If you are referring to the behaviour of our club treasurer (bloke in the cap) then I agree. However the behaviour of some of your fans was disgusting and moronic too.

Two fans took it upon themselves to shat and urinate on the roysia stone in the centre of town. Yes it was Rushden fans... One who was quite vocal at the game telling one of our disabled fans that as easter was here and miracles happen to get out of his chair and walk.

thankfully the majority of your support is decent and passionate just a tiny few that let your club down
Shat on a stone? That's 'foul' behaviour if true!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Apologies to you and your fine club Jez for any idiotic behaviour from a few of our fans. Our club has banned several before now but I think a lot of clubs get these kind of people.
Moving forwards we've some issues to address on the field as we're not looking like a threat any more. If we can squeeze into the play offs then we really need to look at how we're going to approach the games. If we're away first then we should go to shut up shop and limit chances so we have a chance at our place. If at home first we need to go for it and try to kill the tie.
AFC R & D member number 34
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by Dowlo »

Roystonjez wrote:Two fans took it upon themselves to shat and urinate on the roysia stone in the centre of town. Yes it was Rushden fans... One who was quite vocal at the game telling one of our disabled fans that as easter was here and miracles happen to get out of his chair and walk.

thankfully the majority of your support is decent and passionate just a tiny few that let your club down
I'm sorry this sounds like complete rubbish. Most of the fans I know went direct to the ground. Besides if someone claims to know 1. It really happened and 2. It was a Rushden fan why weren't they reported to the police identified and arrested?

I was standing with the "vocal" fans all game and at no point did we even come across a person in a wheelchair, so I suggest again this a made up story designed to tarnish the clubs name.

The only confrontation we had was with the moron who stood in the goal mouth at half time protecting the turf like it was some kind of snooker table not to be ruined! Made himself look a right helmet to be honest!
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

[Moving forwards we've some issues to address on the field as we're not looking like a threat any more. If we can squeeze into the play offs then we really need to look at how we're going to approach the games. If we're away first then we should go to shut up shop and limit chances so we have a chance at our place. If at home first we need to go for it and try to kill the tie.[/quote]

The play offs are not over two legs!
The higher placed team is at home. So if you finish second you will be at home in the semi-final, and if you win that, the final too. If you finish fifth you cannot have a home game in either.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

We do need to buck our ideas up, I honestly don't know what has has happened since our superb performance against St Ives.

In my eyes, we don't have enough pace in defense, teams obviously do their homework on us and know if they stop Claudio playing then they're in with a chance.
Stevenson had a impressive start, but he's gone off the boil. Also, as much as I like Lorraine, I just don't think he's good enough. That's my two cents.

Saying that, I'm not surprised we have hit a blip, I think we've been spoilt, the step up from the UCL is showing with the quality of teams we have faced this season.

Hopefully we'll get a win against Uxbridge, it's very much needed.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Blimey I didn't realise it's just a one off game in the play offs. We're in big do do's now :fool:
AFC R & D member number 34
rushdenshireelite

Post by rushdenshireelite »

Roystonjez wrote:If you are referring to the behaviour of our club treasurer (bloke in the cap) then I agree. However the behaviour of some of your fans was disgusting and moronic too.

Two fans took it upon themselves to shat and urinate on the roysia stone in the centre of town. Yes it was Rushden fans... One who was quite vocal at the game telling one of our disabled fans that as easter was here and miracles happen to get out of his chair and walk.

Please leave a description, I am sure the police would be interested to hear about this especially as this was in day light in a residential area with, as you have seen it 'witnesses'?! Was it reported?

Or was it as many may assume someone getting their back up and accusing AFC R&D just because it's easy to make our fans scapegoats?! Just a guess!!
White, red and blue army
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

At the start of the season everyone on this forum would have taken a play-off place. However having seen the performances we are capable of, that is what is leaving us disappointed with what we are watching at the moment. 2 Months ago we were losing the odd game 1-0, after having a host of chances and not putting them away. Now we are losing without creating one chance! We have gone backwards and its hard to see where the goals are going to come from.

What frustrated me the most was it was clear before kick off that high balls were not going to work against such a big defence. Stevo did not suit that game and we didn't make any changes until 70 minutes in! You look over the the bench when things are clearly not working and all you see is Peaks et al having a mothers meeting - We should be making changes far earlier in the game!! What's the point in bringing Pinder on with 5 minutes to go? He should have been given at least half an hour to run at the defence, something Stevenson wasn't doing.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 46 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

rushdenshireelite wrote:

Please leave a description, I am sure the police would be interested to hear about this especially as this was in day light in a residential area with, as you have seen it 'witnesses'?! Was it reported?

Or was it as many may assume someone getting their back up and accusing AFC R&D just because it's easy to make our fans scapegoats?! Just a guess!!
Town Center, CCTV. Someone do the maths.
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

AFC R&D Member No. 67